Tough day at the office, but we are in Texas now! Crossing through the tip of the pan-handle.

Continous headwind, coming at us from the 11 O'clock position for 98 miles. Nothing like working hard and seeing the speedometer read 10-11 mph on the flats! And since the road was absolutely straight, the direction of the wind did not change for us. I think we only had about 4 curves in there the whole day. They just don't have roads or winds like this back home.
"Don't mess with Texas"?? - they ain't kidding!!
The route was 96 miles, so Harry, Ira and I had to find 4 miles at the end to make it an even 100. Certifiable, I suppose. But at least we were able to plan the route so our last 2 miles had the wind at our backs!
Continous headwind, coming at us from the 11 O'clock position for 98 miles. Nothing like working hard and seeing the speedometer read 10-11 mph on the flats! And since the road was absolutely straight, the direction of the wind did not change for us. I think we only had about 4 curves in there the whole day. They just don't have roads or winds like this back home.
"Don't mess with Texas"?? - they ain't kidding!!
The route was 96 miles, so Harry, Ira and I had to find 4 miles at the end to make it an even 100. Certifiable, I suppose. But at least we were able to plan the route so our last 2 miles had the wind at our backs!
The photo shows the 4 musketeers. From left to right: me, Ira, Harry (with the bike), and Alec.
Ended the day with a nice game of pool in a joint that has a jukebox. Once we were able to hear "Take it Easy", all was good again.
Ended the day with a nice game of pool in a joint that has a jukebox. Once we were able to hear "Take it Easy", all was good again.
Yea, you made it to Texas! Sounds like all my training rides since February. Hope my flag keeps waving in the wind.
ReplyDelete