Well, tomorrow at ~730am, the rear wheel will be getting ceremoniously dipped in the Pacific Ocean! Then I start riding. Woohoo!!!
Going to be lots of nerves, adrenaline, emotion, and excitement. I will try to remind myself of something I read a few years ago in someone else's online journal of the cross-country ride:
What to think about as you start to ride those first few miles -- absolutely anything except the fact that you are starting to ride across the country!! :)
Yep, just another day on the bike. Yeah, right.....
It turns out that our group is 17 people (instead of 20 as previously reported) that are going to Boston, and a few others going part-way. (Maybe a few folks dropped out after they read the blogs from last year's ride and came to their senses)???
I got to do a nice easy spin along the beach today. Rode up to Marina DelRey, Venice Beach, and SantaMonica. Classic So. Cal stuff - beach volleyball, rollerbladers, yachts, UCLA Crew team practicing near the Marina, surfers, lifeguards - it really is just like in the TV shows!!!
Fun group of people that I'll be riding with!! Somehow though, word got out that I work in Physical Therapy, so I have already started to hear about the aches and pains, and we haven't even started riding yet!!! (I was wondering how long that would take)....Folks are asking for exercises to do ON the bike. How funny is that!!??
Looking forward to the ride....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Exercises to do on your bike, pedaling?
ReplyDeleteThe early report I got sounds like your first day went well. Now just keep doing that!