Wednesday, April 22, 2009

FAQs

I have posted some of the basic info about this ride under "my profile" (see "About the Ride") on the right side of the home page. I should answer the most common question first - I am only riding one-way; I am going to take an airplane home!! (Yes, one of my sisters was quick to make sure that I understood that a plane could fly me TO Boston as well).
Of course, the other common question --WHY are you doing this?????-- does not have quite as succinct of an answer yet. While I see many reasons now, I imagine the answer will evolve over the 7 weeks on the road. For now, the short answer is that I have wanted to do this for ~ 20 years. Even in the 15 years when I got away from bicycling, I still remembered this dream whenever someone asked me about my dream vacations.
Truth be told, with my crazy schedule while I try to cram in the training rides, I have wondered why I didn't pick an easier dream vacation - say, sitting on a beach somewhere, doing nothing....

No comments:

Post a Comment